The TBP 2nd Annual Poetry Contest Deadline has been extended until Dec. 31!
The Talking Book Program is proud to announce 2nd annual poetry writing contest. The contest will run until Dec. 31. There are three category levels: TBPL #1: Ages 0-10; TBPL #2: Ages 11-18; and TBPL #3: 19 and above. Winners will be announced in the TBP Winter Newsletter, in early 2019. All poem submissions must be received by Dec. 31.
The winners will be featured in the TBP Newsletter and their poems will be recorded in the TBP Volunteer Recording Studio, uploaded to the TBP website and featured on the TSLAC Facebook page. One winner will be selected from each category level. Poems will be judged on originality, creativity, and artistic and style quality. Good luck and happy writing.
TBP Poetry Contest Rules
- Must be a current/active TBP patron
- Must sign and submit a release form (Find it on TexasTalkingBooks.org under TBP News or if you want a release form mailed to you call, 512-463-5452)
- Limit one submission per patron
- Poem must be the original work of the participant
- Can be on any subject or topic
- Poem does not have to rhyme
- Poem must not contain any of the following: violence, strong language, sexual content
Submit typed, hand written or Brailled poem and release form to:
Talking Book Program
c/o Public Awareness Coordinator
PO Box 12927
Austin, TX 78711-2927
Or email to: TBPinfo@tsl.texas.gov
Subject Line: 2018 TBP Poetry Contest
Deadline is December 31.