Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Friday, August 4, 2006
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) met on Friday, August 4, 2006, at 9:15 a.m., in City of Canyon Council Chambers, City Hall, 301 16th St., Canyon.
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551
1. Approve minutes of June 9, 2006 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
2. Public Comment.
3. General announcements.
4. Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammatical, or other revisions.
5. Report of the Director and Librarian.
6. Discussion of plans to renovate and modernize the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building.
7. Report on activities and plans of the Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas.
8. Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations on:a. Internal Audit Plan, Risk Assessment, and Internal Audit Guidelines for Fiscal Year 2007.b. Proposal for internal auditing services for Fiscal Year 2007.
9. Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
10. Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
11. Review and approve the Legislative Appropriations Request for Fiscal Years 2008-2009.
12. Consider appointments to the TexShare Advisory Board.
13. Review and approve grants to libraries for State Fiscal Year 2007:a. Interlibrary Loan Grantsb. Texas Library System Grantsc. Technical Assistance Negotiated Grantsd. Loan Star Libraries Grantse. Texas Reads Grants
14. Consider appeals regarding status of membership in the Texas Library System for FY07; this will include the public libraries in Eagle Pass, Nixon, Jacksboro, Balch Springs, Canyon, Brownsville, and Jefferson County.
15. Consider appointment to the Library Systems Act Advisory Board.
16. Authorization to publish adopted rule review of Chapter 9, Talking Book Program.
17. Authorization to publish proposal to repeal rules regarding Adaptive Technology for Texas Public Libraries (13 TAC 9.15-9.21).
18. Discussion of process and timeline regarding revision of the Local Government Records Retention Schedules (Title 13, Part 1, Chapter 7, Subchapter D).
19. Report on agreements to recover historical documents from private collections.
20. Discussion with legal counsel regarding pending litigation.