Texas State Library and Archives Commission
October 12, 2007 11:10 a.m.
Room 314 Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of August 6, 2007 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Discussion and scheduling of future meetings of the Library and Archives Commission.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammatical, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations.
- Report of the Director and Librarian.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Discussion of plans to renovate the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building.
- Discussion of plans for the Transforming Texas Libraries / Statewide Visioning Process.
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 3.4 relating to Texas Record and Information Locator (TRAIL).
- Review and approve local government records retention schedules HR (Records of Public Health Agencies), and PW (Records of Public Works and Services).
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 1.71, 1.72, 1.73, 1.74, 1.77, 1.79, and 1.80, relating to the accreditation of libraries in the Texas Library System.
- Consider approval of the loan of archival documents to National Constitution Center.
- Report on agreements to recover historical documents from private collections.
- Demonstration of a digital talking book machine.