Texas State Library and Archives Commission
April 15, 2008 12:00 p.m.
Room A302/303, Dallas Convention Center, 650 South Griffin Street, Dallas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of February 8, 2008 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Discussion and scheduling of future meetings of the Library and Archives Commission.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammatical, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Report of the Director and Librarian.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Discussion of plans to renovate the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building.
- Discussion of preparation of the Agency Strategic Plan for 2009-2013.
- Revision of the agency budget for FY 2009 and preparation of the Legislative Appropiations Request for 2010-2011.
- Review and renew the designation of the Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas as a "friend" of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.
- Adoption of rule reviews of Chapter 1 (Library Development) and Chapter 4 (School Library Programs).
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 3.1, 3.2, 3.4 and 3.6 relating to the State Publications Depository Program.