Texas State Library and Archives Commission
June 9, 2008 12:35 p.m.
Training Room, State Records Center, 4400 Shoal Creek Blvd., Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of April 15, 2008 Commission meeting.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammatical, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations regarding:
a. the Internal Audit of the Texas Trans Pecos Library System,
b. the Internal Audit of the Big Country Library System, and
c. the Follow up Report on the Status of Internal Audit Recommendations Involving the Central Texas Library System and the Houston Area Library System.
- Report of the Director and Librarian.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.—————[No gifts to be approved.]
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.—————[No contracts to be approved.]
- Discussion of the renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building.
- Discuss and approve the Agency Strategic Plan for 2009-2013.
- Presentation and overview of historical data regarding the agency budget (2005-2009).
- Discussion of the preparation of the Legislative Appropriations Request for 2010-2011.
- Authorization to propose amendments to rule 13 TAC 2.53 relating to service complaints.
- Authorization to propose new rule 13 TAC 2.58 relating to the use of technology.
- Authorization to propose the repeal of Chapter 9, Subchapter A rules relating to the Talking Book Program.
- Authorization to propose new Chapter 9 rules relating to the Talking Book Program.
- Review and preliminarily approve amendments to Local Schedule LC (Records of Justice and Municipal Courts).
- Review and approve imaging services fee schedule for FY2009.
- Review and approve records storage fee schedule for FY2009.
- Report on agreements to recover historical documents from private collections.