Texas State Library and Archives Commission
August 4, 2008 11:40 a.m.
Training Room, State Records Center, 4400 Shoal Creek Blvd., Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of June 9, 2008 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammatical, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations regarding the Internal Audit of Selected Controls of the TANG & System Grant Programs.
- Report of the Director and Librarian.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Consider appointments to the TexShare Advisory Board.
- Review and approve Library Resource Sharing grants for State Fiscal Year 2009:
- a. Interlibrary Loan Negotiated Grants
- b. TexTreasures Competitive Grants
- Discussion of potential expansion of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building.
- Adoption of amendments to rule 13 TAC 2.53 relating to service complaints.
- Adoption of new rule 13 TAC 2.58 relating to the use of technology.
- Authorization to propose new rules 13 TAC 2.40, 2.42, 2.46, and 2.48 concerning alternative dispute resolution, negotiation and mediation of certain contract disputes, negotiated rulemaking, and petition for adoption of rule changes.
- Review and approve the Legislative Appropriations Request for Fiscal Years 2010-2011.
- Review and approve Library Development grants for State Fiscal Year 2009:
- a. Texas Library System Operation Grants
- b. Technical Assistance Negotiated Grants
- c. Loan Star Libraries Grants
- d. Special Projects Competitive Grants
- e. Cooperation Competitive Grants
- f. Texas Library System Competitive Grants
- g. Texas Reads Competitive Grants
- Consider appeals regarding status of membership in the Texas Library System for SFY2009; this will include the public libraries in Florence, Shepard, and Tulia.
- Consider appointments to the Library Systems Act Advisory Board.
- Report on the recovery of historical documents from private collections.