Texas State Library and Archives Commission
February 3, 2009 2:00 p.m. and continued as needed to reconvene February 4, 2009 8:30 a.m.
1101 Camino La Costa, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of October 19-20, 2008 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Introduction of recent Employees of the Quarter.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations.
- a. Review and approve report on the Evaluation of Compliance with Information Technology Requirements (1 TAC 202)
- b. Recommendation of a contract for Internal Audit services beginning in FY09.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. Includes information updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technology, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Public Information Office), and key meetings and activities since the last report.
- Update on the potential expansion of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Report on Texas Responds Grants
- Re-adoption of emergency rules 13 TAC 2.190-2.195 establishing a grant program to assist libraries damaged by Hurricane Ike and its aftermath.
- Authorization to adopt amendments to rules 13 TAC 2.111, 2.117, 2.310, 2.312, 2.410, 2.412, 2.610, 2.612, and 2.712 regarding grant policies.
- Status report on the Competitive Grant awarded to the North Texas Regional Library System.
- Authorization to adopt rule review of Chapter 3 (State Publications Depository Program).
- Authorization to propose rule review of Chapter 8 (TexShare Library Consortium).
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 3.2, 3.3, and 3.6 regarding the State Publications Depository Program.
- Authorization to propose rule review of Chapter 6 (State Records).