Texas State Library and Archives Commission
March 31, 2009 12:00 p.m.
1001 Avenida de las Americas, Room No. 352E, Houston
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of February 3-4, 2009 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. Includes information updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technology, State & Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Public Information Office), and key meetings and activities since the last report.
- Update on the renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building and the potential expansion of archival storage space.
- Report on activities planned to celebrate the centennial anniversary of the agency.
- Review of the status of relevant legislation being considered by the Texas Legislature.
- Review of the status of appropriations and funding being considered by the Texas Legislature.
- Report on the Study of Interlibrary Loan in Texas and the status of the reorganization.