Texas State Library and Archives Commission
June 8, 2009 - 11:30 a.m.
Training Room, State Records Center, 4400 Shoal Creek Blvd., Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of March 31, 2009 Commission meeting.
- General announcements.
- Public Comment.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Discussion with Department of Information Resources regarding the operation and funding of the Data Center Services program.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations.
- a. Review and approve Internal Audit of the Human Resources Function.
- b. Review and approve Internal Audit of the Talking Book Program.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. Includes information updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technology, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Public Information Office), and key meetings and activities since the last report. Includes updates on the renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building, activities planned to celebrate the agency centennial anniversary, and the status of relevant legislative proposals.
- Review of the status of appropriations and funding by the Texas Legislature and the federal government for SFY 2010 and 2011.
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 2.6 regarding Sunset dates for advisory committees.
- Adoption of amendments to 13 TAC 3.2, 3.3, and 3.6 regarding State Publications Depository Program.
- Adoption of rule review of Chapter 8 regarding the TexShare Library Consortium.
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 1.86 regarding the accreditation of non-public libraries in the Texas Library System.
- Authorization to propose a new rule regarding the negotiated grants for the Texas Library Systems.
- Adoption of the FY2010 fee schedules related to records storage and imaging services provided by the State and Local Records Management Division.
- Demonstration of the new digital Talking Book machine.
- Presentation of an informational video from Virginia Archives Program.