Texas State Library and Archives Commission
June 8, 2009 - 11:30 a.m.
Training Room, State Records Center, 4400 Shoal Creek Blvd., Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action
on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive
session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't
Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of March 31, 2009 Commission meeting.
- General announcements.
- Public Comment.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda
items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Discussion with Department of Information Resources regarding the
operation and funding of the Data Center Services program.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations.
- a. Review and approve Internal Audit of the Human Resources Function.
- b. Review and approve Internal Audit of the Talking Book Program.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. Includes information updates
on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library
Development, Information Resources Technology, State and Local Records
Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services,
and Public Information Office), and key meetings and activities since
the last report. Includes updates on the renovation of the Lorenzo de
Zavala State Archives & Library Building, activities planned to
celebrate the agency centennial anniversary, and the status of relevant
- Review of the status of appropriations and funding by the Texas Legislature
and the federal government for SFY 2010 and 2011.
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 2.6 regarding Sunset
dates for advisory committees.
- Adoption of amendments to 13 TAC 3.2, 3.3, and 3.6 regarding State
Publications Depository Program.
- Adoption of rule review of Chapter 8 regarding the TexShare Library
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 1.86 regarding the accreditation
of non-public libraries in the Texas Library System.
- Authorization to propose a new rule regarding the negotiated grants
for the Texas Library Systems.
- Adoption of the FY2010 fee schedules related to records storage and
imaging services provided by the State and Local Records Management
- Demonstration of the new digital Talking Book machine.
- Presentation of an informational video from Virginia Archives Program.