Texas State Library and Archives Commission
August 3, 2009 - 10:00 a.m.
Room 215, Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of June 8, 2009 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- General announcements and discussion of meeting dates in 2010.
- Public Comment.
- Review of consent agenda.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Report on the meeting with Department of Information Resources regarding the operation and funding of the Data Center Services program.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations.
- a. Review and approve Internal Audit of the Grants to the City of Lubbock.
- b. Review and approve Evaluation of Compliance w/ Information Technology Requirements (1 TAC 202).
- c. Review of the Report on the SRC Deferred Maintenance Project.
- d. Review of the Report on the Fiscal Controls.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technology, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Public Information Office), key meetings and activities, renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building, activities planned to celebrate the agency centennial anniversary, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Authorization to adopt amendment to 13 TAC 2.6 regarding Sunset dates for advisory committees.
- Consider appointments to the TexShare Advisory Board.
- Review and approve Library Resource Sharing grants for State Fiscal Year 2010:
- a. Interlibrary Loan Negotiated Grants (TexNet Centers and Texas Group)
- b. TexTreasures Competitive Grants
- Review and approve Library Development grants for State Fiscal Year 2010:
- a. Texas Library System Operation Grants
- b. Technical Assistance Negotiated Grants
- c. Loan Star Libraries Grants
- d. Special Projects Competitive Grants
- e. Cooperation Competitive Grants
- f. Texas Library System Competitive Grants
- g. Texas Reads Competitive Grants
- Authorization to repeal 13 TAC 1.86 regarding the accreditation of non-public libraries in the Texas Library System.
- Authorization to adopt new rule 13 TAC 1.86 regarding the accreditation of non-public libraries in the Texas Library System.
- Authorization to adopt new rule 13 TAC 2.213 regarding the negotiated grants for the Texas Library Systems.
- Consider appointments to the Library Systems Act Advisory Board.
- Executive session under Gov't Code §551.074 to evaluate the performance & consider the salary of the executive director.
- Possible action on matters considered in executive session.