Texas State Library and Archives Commission
October 12, 2009 - 9:30 a.m.
First Floor Library, Jean & Price Daniel House,
Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center
650 FM 1011, Liberty, Texas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of August 3, 2009 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Introduction of the Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center staff.
- General announcements.
- Public Comment.
- Review of consent agenda.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Report on the tour of the State Data Center.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations.
- a. Review and approve the FY2009 Internal Audit Report.
- b. Review and approve the FY2009 Follow-up Internal Audit.
- c. Review and approve the Annual Risk Assessment and Internal Audit Plan for FY2010.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technology, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Public Information Office), key meetings and activities, renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building, renovation of the State Records Center, activities planned to celebrate the agency centennial anniversary, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Renew and amend the agreement with Atascosito Historical Society of Liberty Texas.
- Authorization to accept the gift of the Hull Rotary Club Building to the commission.
- Authorization to propose amended rules 13 TAC 8.1-8.5 regarding the TexShare Library Consortium.
- Approve an appointment to the TexShare Advisory Board.
- Review and approve funding recommendations for the FY10 System Negotiated Grant Program (SyNG).
- Authorization to propose repeal 13 TAC 1.111-.123 regarding system advisory councils.
- Authorization to propose new rule 13 TAC 1.111-.123 regarding system advisory councils.
- Authorization to propose amended rule 13 TAC 7.125 regarding the following local government records retention schedules: SD (Records of Public School Districts), JC (Records of Public Junior Colleges), CC (Records of County Clerks), and DC (Records of District Clerks).