Texas State Library and Archives Commission
February 28, 2010 - 2:30 p.m.
Legislative Conference Center, State Capitol
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of October 12, 2009 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and re-approval of agency's fraud prevention program.
- Report of the Director and Librarian: may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Communications Office), key meetings and activities, renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building, renovation of the State Records Center, Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Report on strategic planning focus groups with staff.
- Review of plan to reduce agency general revenue by 5%.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve adoption of agency rule review timeline.
- Authorization to adopt repeal of rules 13 TAC 1.111-.123 regarding system advisory councils.
- Authorization to adopt new rules 13 TAC 1.111-.123 regarding system advisory councils.
- Authorization to adopt amended rules 13 TAC 8.1-8.5 regarding the TexShare Library Consortium.
- Authorization to propose amended rule 13 TAC 7.125 regarding the following local government records retention schedules: SD (Records of Public School Districts), JC (Records of Public Junior Colleges), CC (Records of County Clerks), and DC (Records of District Clerks).
- Introduction of facilitator and initial discussion of program and policy issues related to the goals, objectives and strategic directions for funding and service delivery of agency programs.