Texas State Library and Archives Commission
April 14, 2010 - 12:00 p.m.
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center (Room 006-D),
200 E. Market Street,
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of February 28, March 1, and March 2, 2010 Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts and grants greater than $500.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Tech-nologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Communications Office), key meetings and activities, renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building, renovation of the State Records Center, Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Review of FY2010 agency budget status report.
- Review of draft of the Agency Strategic Plan for 2011-2015. Preliminary discussion of the Legislative Appropriations Request for 2012-2013.
- Authorization to propose rule review of Chapter 9 (Talking Book Program).
- Authorization to propose amended rule 13 TAC 7.125 regarding the following local government records retention schedules: Records of Justice and Municipal Courts (LC), Records of Public Safety Agencies (PS), and Records of Public Works and Services (PW).