Texas State Library and Archives Commission
June 7, 2010 - 9:15 a.m.
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of April 14, 2010 Commission meeting.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations.
- Review and approve the Audit of Grants to the City of Austin, Austin Public Library System.
- Review and approve Internal Audit and Audit Committee Charters.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Communications Office), key meetings and activities, renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building, renovation of the State Records Center, Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas, dashboard metrics, financial information, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Discuss and approve the Agency Strategic Plan for 2011-2015.
- Discussion of the preparation of the Legislative Appropriations Request for 2012-2013.
- Discussion of security proposal (Executive session per Gov't Code 551.076).
- Authorization to adopt amended rule 13 TAC 7.125 regarding the following local government records retention schedules: SD (Records of Public School Districts), JC (Records of Public Junior Colleges), CC (Records of County Clerks), and DC (Records of District Clerks).
- Authorization to propose amended rule 13 TAC 7.125 regarding the following local government records retention schedules: Records of Justice and Municipal Courts (LC), Records of Public Safety Agencies (PS), Records of Public Works and Services (PW) and Records Common to All Local Governments (GR).
- Adoption of the FY2011 fee schedules related to records storage and imaging services provided by the State and Local Records Management Division.
- Consideration of the loan of archival documents to the Star of the Republic Museum.