Texas State Library and Archives Commission
August 3, 2010 - 9:30 a.m.
Room 215, Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of June 6-7, 2010 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- General announcements and discussion of meeting dates in October, 2010 and beyond.
- Review of consent agenda
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts and grants.
- Authorization to adopt the rule review of Chapter 9 (Talking Book Program).
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations.
- Review and approve Internal Audit of the Library Development Division.
- Review and approve Evaluation of Compliance with Information Technology Requirements(1 TAC 202).
- Review and approve proposed Audit Committee Charter.
- Review and approve Proposal for Internal Audit Services for FY2011.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Tech-nologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Communications Office), key meetings and activities, renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building, renovation of the State Records Center, Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas, dashboard metrics, financial information, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Review and approve the Legislative Appropriations Request for Fiscal Years 2012-2013.
- Consider appointments to the TexShare Advisory Board.
- Review and approve Library Resource Sharing grants for State Fiscal Year 2011:
- Interlibrary Loan Negotiated Grants
- TexTreasures Competitive Grants
- Review and approve Library Development grants for State Fiscal Year 2011:
- Texas Library System Operation Grants
- Technical Assistance Negotiated Grants (TANG)
- Texas Library System Negotiated Grants (SyNG)
- Loan Star Libraries Grants
- Special Projects Competitive Grants
- Cooperation Competitive Grants
- Texas Reads Competitive Grants
- Consider appointments to the Library Systems Act Advisory Board.