Texas State Library and Archives Commission
February 15, 2011 - 1:00 p.m.
1201 Brazos Street; Room 215
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of October 12, 2010 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations regarding:
- Audit of the Sam Houston Regional Library & Research Center.
- Post-Payment Audit by the Comptroller of Public Accounts.
- Follow up regarding the Audit of Grants to the City of Dallas, Dallas Public Library System.
- Follow up regarding the Audit of the Archives and Information Services Division.
- Follow up regarding the State Auditor's Office Audit of Records Center Services.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technol-ogies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Communications Office), key meetings and activities, renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building, renovation of the State Records Center, Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas, dashboard metrics, financial information, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Review of the status of appropriations and funding by the Texas Legislature and the federal government for SFY 2012 and 2013.
- Authorization to publish proposed rule review of Chapter 2 (General Policies and Procedures).
- Authorization to publish proposed rule review of Chapter 7 (Local Records).
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 7.125, regarding local government records retention schedules: CC (County Clerk), DC (District Clerk), EL (Elections and Voter Registration), GR (Common to All Local Governments), HR (Public Health Agencies), LC (Justice and Municipal Courts), PS (Public Safety Agencies), PW (Public Works and Other Government Services), TX (Property Taxation), and UT (Utility Services).
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 2.311 & 2.411, relating to eligible applicants for competitive grants.
- Authorization to adopt an amendment to 13 TAC 8.3(g) and (h) relating to fees for consortium membership and affiliated membership.
- Authorization to propose an amendment to 13 TAC 8.1(a)(15) relating to the legal citation of the Texas Nonprofit Corporation Act.
- Discussion of "Guidelines for Evaluating Requests to Exhibit Archival Materials."