Texas State Library and Archives Commission
July 1, 2011 - 11:00 a.m.
1201 Brazos Street; Room 215
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of April 12 and May 5, 2011 meetings of the Records Management Committee, Audit Committee, and Commission.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
Report of Audit Committee meeting.
- Review and approve the Audit of the Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center.
- Review and approve the Audit of the Information Technology (TAC 202) Compliance.
- Review of Site Visit Report by National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 7.125, regarding local government records retention schedules: CC (County Clerks), DC (District Clerks), LC (Justice and Municipal Courts), PS (Public Safety Agencies) and SD (School Districts).
- Consideration of petition to amend rules under Texas Government Code sec. 2001.021 and possible authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 7.125, regarding local government records retention schedules: GR (Records Common to Local Governments).
- Consideration of petition to amend rules under Texas Government Code sec. 2001.021 and possible authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 6.10, regarding the Texas State Records Retention Schedule (4th Edition).
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technol-ogies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Communications Office), key meetings and activities, renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building, renovation of the State Records Center, Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas, dashboard metrics, financial information, the status of proposed legislation, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Review the status of appropriations and funding by the Texas Legislature and the federal government for SFY 2012 and 2013, including plans to implement the budget reductions and agency reorganization.
- Adoption of the FY 2012 fee schedules related to records storage and imaging services.
- Authorization to adopt amendment to 13 TAC 8.1(a)(15) relating to the legal citation of the Texas Nonprofit Corporation Act.