Texas State Library and Archives Commission
August 12, 2011 - 10:00 a.m.
1201 Brazos Street; Room 215
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of July 1, 2011 meetings of the Records Management Committee, Audit Committee, and Commission.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
Report of Audit Committee meeting.
- Review and approve the Audit of Grants Made to the City of Amarillo.
- Review of the State Office of Risk Management's Risk Management Program Review and the Corrective Action Plan.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. May include information or updates on agency programs, key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas, financial information, and the status of other new or ongoing issues, including agency reorganization and the Records Management Program.
- Consideration of petition submitted under Texas Government Code §2001.021 and authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 7.125(a)(1), regarding local government records retention schedule GR (Records Common to Local Governments).
- Consideration of petition submitted under Texas Government Code §2001.021 and authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 6.10, regarding the Texas State Records Retention Schedule (4th Edition).
- Consider adoption of the FY2012 fee schedules related to records storage and imaging services.
- Consider appeals of system membership.
- Consider appointments to Library Systems Act Advisory Board.
- Consider appointments to TexShare Advisory Board.
Review and approve library grants for State Fiscal Year 2012:
- Special Projects Competitive Grants
- Cooperation Competitive Grants
- Texas Reads Competitive Grants
- Interlibrary Loan Negotiated Grants
- TexTreasures Competitive Grants
- Technical Assistance Negotiated Grants (TANG)
- Texas Library System Grants
- Consider new rules (13 TAC 2.910-2.913) regarding the Impact Grants program.
- Authorization to adopt rule review of Chapter 2 (General Policies and Procedures).
- Authorization to adopt rule review of Chapter 7 (Local Records).
- Preview of redesigned agency web site.