Texas State Library and Archives Commission
January 9, 2012 – 10:00 a.m.
1201 Brazos Street; Room 215
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of October 13 and November 14, 2011 meetings of the Audit Committee and Commission.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Discussion of the strategic vision of the agency, in response to a request from the Texas Library Association, and in anticipation of the preparation of the Agency Strategic Plan, 2013-2017.
- Discussion of Parthenon Group report: Assessment of Strategic Direction.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. May include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Development & Networking, Information Resources Technologies, State & Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, Communications Office, and Sam Houston Regional Library andResearch Center), key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas, financial information, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Consider options to withdraw, republish, or adopt proposed amendments to 13 TAC 7.125(a)(1), regarding local government records retention schedule GR (Records Common to Local Governments).
- Consider options to withdraw, republish, or adopt proposed amendments to 13 TAC 6.10, regarding the Texas State Records Retention Schedule (4th Edition).
- Consider options to withdraw, republish, or adopt proposed new rules (13 TAC 7.161-7.166) regarding the storage of local government records.