Texas State Library and Archives Commission Agenda
April 17, 2012 – 12:20 p.m.
Room 381C, George Brown Convention Center
1001 Avenida de las Americas, Houston
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items.
The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
1. Approve minutes of January 9, 2012 commission meeting.
3. Conflict of interest disclosure.
4. Organization of the commission; regarding Vice Chairman and subcommittee appointments.
5. Public Comment.
6. General announcements.
7. Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
8. Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
9. Report of Audit Committee meeting:
- Review of the Broadband Technology Opportunity Program Consultation Report.
- Review and approve the Internal Audit of Grants Made to the City of San Antonio, San Antonio Public Library System.
- Review and approve the Internal Audit of Grants Made to the North Texas Library Partners.
- Review and reapprove agency's fraud prevention program.
10. Review and approve acceptance of grants and gifts greater than $500.
11. Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
12. Report of the Director and Librarian. May include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Development & Networking, Information Resources Technologies, State & Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, Communications Office, and Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center), key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas, financial information, dashboard metrics, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
13. Presentation of the Evaluation of Library Services & Technology Act Five-Year Plan for Texas, FY2008 - 2012.
14. Status report on the development of the Library Services and Technology Act Five-Year Plan for Texas FY2013 - 2017.
15. Authorization to propose rule review of Chapter 1 (Library Development).
16. Authorization to propose rule review of Chapter 4 (School Library Programs).
17. Consider appointments to TexShare Advisory Board.
18. Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 7.125, regarding local government records retention schedule: GR (Records Common to Local Governments).
19. Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 6.10, regarding the Texas State Records Retention Schedule (4th Edition).
20. Review reports on site visits to the Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center and consider action:
- Texas Historical Commission
- State Office of Risk Management
- Building Consultant Report
- Focus Group Report
21. Review of draft of the Agency Strategic Plan for 2013-2017.
22. Preliminary discussion of the Legislative Appropriations Request for 2014-2015.
23. Executive session, as authorized by Government Code 551.074, regarding personnel matters.