Texas State Library and Archives Commission Agenda
June 5, 2015 – 9:00 a.m.
1201 Brazos Street
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin, Texas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items.
The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Welcome, introductions & general announcements.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Approve minutes of April 14, 2015 Commission meeting.
- Public Comment.
- Conflict of interest disclosures.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations regarding the Internal Audit Follow-Up Report on Prior Year Internal Audits and Post-Payment Audit.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000, and contract renewals.
- Discussion of upcoming events and long term planning cycle.
- Update on results of 84th Legislature regarding budget and legislation.
- Report of the Director & Librarian: may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, Communications Office, and Center for the Book). Also includes key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Approval of Final Records Storage and Imaging fee schedules for 2016.
- Report on the current status and future plans for renovation and repair work at the Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center.
- Report on agency financial information.
- Executive session, as authorized by Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074, and §551.076, regarding consultations with attorney, personnel matters, and security devices respectively.