Texas State Library and Archives Commission Agenda
February 18, 2016 – 9:00 a.m.
State Records Center, 4400 Shoal Creek Blvd., Austin, Texas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items.
The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Welcome, introductions and general announcements.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Approve minutes of October 16, 2015 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- Conflict of interest disclosures.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations.
- Report on the current status and future plans for renovation and repair work at the Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center.
- Appointments to the Sam Houston Center, Audit, and Records ad hoc Committees, and liaison to the Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000, and contract renewals.
- Discussion of contract to conduct architectural study for State Records Center.
- Report of the Director & Librarian: may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, Communications Office, and Center for the Book). Also includes key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Report on IRT procedures.
- Report on Regional Historical Resources Depository program.
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 7.125, regarding local government records retention schedule GR (Records Common to All Local Governments).
- Report on agency financial information.
- Executive session, as authorized by Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074, and §551.076, regarding consultations with attorney, personnel matters, and security devices respectively.