Map Collection Search Results
General Highway Map, Webb County, Texas / 1940
Texas State Archives Map Number 5020
Publisher: Texas State Highway Department, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Public Roads, 1936. Partially revised to February 1, 1940.
Scale: 1 inch = 2 miles
Size: 45 cm x 61 cm
Type of map: hwy Format: blueline
Related Map/s: 5330, 5698-99
Date Scanned: 6/24/2003
Downloadable Map Image, map5020.zip
File Size: 2.13m (zipped)
Description: Shows rivers, lakes, creeks, streams, cities, towns; outlying buildings--including schools, churches, and post offices; roads, highways (giving mileage between points), bridges, railroads, cemeteries, oil or gas wells, mines or quarries, a military reservation, and airfields. Insets: Bruni, Aguilares, Mirando City, Oilton. Later editions are 5330, 5698-5699, 6107-6108.
Long. 98 deg. 50' - 100 deg. 10'
Webb County, oil or gas wells
Mirando City, plan
Webb County, mines or quarries
Webb County, cemeteries
Webb County, railroads
Webb County, highway map
Webb County, military bases
Webb County, post offices
The Texas State Archives Map Collection contains original, photoreproduced, and compiled maps covering the period from the early seventeenth through the late twentieth centuries. For general information about the holdings and descriptive information available, read the map introduction. For specific information to assist searching, read map index and type descriptions, map subjects list, and guide to codes. For reproductions policy, read notes on map preservation, access, and copies.