UGMS Criteria on Audit Findings
Key concepts cited from UGMS (below):
- Summary schedule
- Corrective action plan
- Fiscal year reference to each audit recommendation
- Reference numbers for each recommendation
- Listing of current and prior year recommendations if not implemented
- Partial corrective action (if any)
- Recommendation still valid (Y/N?)
- Contact names of responsible officials
- Anticipated completion date
- Comments or reasons if disagreement, or if no corrective action plan required
Compliance with UGMS is required by grant contract.
sec.___.315 Audit findings follow-up.
(b) Summary schedule of prior audit findings. The summary schedule of prior audit findings shall report the status of all audit findings included in the prior audit's schedule of findings and questioned costs relative to state awards. The summary schedule shall also include audit findings reported in the prior audit's summary schedule of prior audit findings except audit findings listed as corrected in accordance with paragraph (b)(1) of this section, or no longer valid or not warranting further action in accordance with paragraph (b)(4) of this section.<
(2) When audit findings were not corrected or were only partially corrected, the summary schedule shall describe the planned corrective action as well as any partial corrective action taken.
(3) When corrective action taken is significantly different from corrective action previously reported in a corrective action plan or in the state agency's or pass-through entity's management decision, the summary schedule shall provide an explanation.
(4) When the auditee believes the audit findings are no longer valid or do not warrant further action, the reasons for this position shall be described in the summary schedule. A valid reason for considering an audit finding as not warranting further action is that all of the following have occurred:
(ii) The state coordinating or oversight agency for single audit, the state awarding agency, or pass-through entity is not currently following up with the auditee on the audit finding; and
(iii) A management decision was not issued.
(c) Corrective action plan. At the completion of the audit, the auditee shall prepare a corrective action plan to address each audit finding included in the current year auditor's reports. The corrective action plan shall provide the name(s) of the contact person(s) responsible for corrective action, the corrective action planned, and the anticipated completion date. If the auditee does not agree with the audit findings or believes corrective action is not required, then the corrective action plan shall include an explanation and specific reasons.