FY2020 Interlibrary Loan Lending Reimbursement Program
Due August 31, 2020
April 15, 2020: Webinar on the FY2020 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program.
- View the Recording
- View the Slides (PDF)
- Resource Handouts:
- Program Overview and Timeline
- Award Information
- Eligibility Information
- Application Information
- Application Review Information
- Award Administration Information
- Contact Information
- Other Information
Participation in TSLAC's ILL Lending Reimbursement Program is completely optional.
The Texas State Library and Archives Commssion (TSLAC) supports a statewide interlibrary loan program to help assure Texans will have access to shared library resources to meet learning and information needs.
The goal of the ILL Lending Reimbursement Program is to support and encourage libraries in statewide resource sharing by reimbursing libraries on a per-lend basis for direct costs associated with statewide resource sharing such as postage, mailing materials, courier fees and staff time.
The reimbursements are sub awards (or pass through awards) of the Grants to States program from TSLAC's federal funder, Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
Federal Award Identification Number: LS-00-19-044-19
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA): 45.310
Participating libraries will be eligible to receive a reimbursement for each lend they provide to other Texas libraries.
Awards are tied to lending activity and expenses between August 1, 2019 - July 31, 2020. The payments will be dispersed in September 2020.
If your library particpates in the program, please communicate to your legal entity's accounting department or grants accountant that federal money may be coming to the organization after the end of the fiscal year.
April 15, 2020: Webinar: FY2020 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program. Register here.
April 15, 2020: Access to the FY2020 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program and forms available in the GMS portal.
July 24, 2020: Deadline to submit completed Grant Agreement/Application Certification form in GMS, signed by authorized legal entity signatory.
August 17, 2020: TSLAC will notify libraries of total eligible lends and award amounts and begin accepting Performance Certification forms through the online GMS portal.
August 31, 2020: Deadline to submit completed Performance Certification form in GMS, signed by Library Director.
September 2020: Reimbursement payments dispersed to legal entities (cities, counties, universities).
Participating libraries will be eligible to receive a flat rate for each lend they provide to other Texas Navigator libraries.
The reimbursements are sub awards (or pass through awards) of the Grants to States program from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission’s federal funder, Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
Federal Award Identification Number (FAIN): LS-00-19-0044-19
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 45.310
Awards are tied to lending activity between August 1, 2019 - July 31, 2020. The payments will be dispersed after the end of the fiscal year, in September 2020.
If your library participates in the program, please communicate to your legal entity's accounting department or
grants accountant that federal money will be coming to the organization after the end of the fiscal year.
Accredited Texas public libraries who have fully implemented Navigator and lend items to other Texas public libraries during SFY2020 (August 1, 2019-July 31, 2020) using OCLC’s Navigator system are eligible for a reimbursement based on the number of lends provided and available funding. OCLC will provide Navigator lending statistics to TSLAC. If you have any questions about your library's lending activity, please contact Sara Hayes at email@example.com or 512-463-5406.
Texas academic libraries that have agreed to lend materials to Texas public libraries are also eligible for reimbursement payments based on the number of lends they make to Texas Navigator libraries between August 1, 2019 - July 31, 2020.
DUNS and SAM registration
Federal guidelines require entities (cities, counties, non-profits) receiving federal funds, including the ILL reimbursement sub-awards, to have a DUNS number and current registration in the System for Award Management (SAM). Both services are free of charge.
SAM registrastion guidance,: https://www.grants.gov/applicants/organization-registration/step-2-register-with-sam.html
If you have questions about your leagal entity's DUNS/SAM registration, please contact Sara Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective grantees must use the TSLAC Grant Management System (GMS) portal to access, print, and submit grant forms.
Participation will require three steps:
1. Opt in to the program online through TSLAC's Grant Management System portal (GMS)* Opens April 15, 2020.
2. Access, print, and submit a completed Grant Application Certification form, signed by authorized signatory of the library's legal entity, in the GMS by July 24, 2020.
3. Submit a completed Participation Certification Form in the GMS after TSLAC announces the library's award amount in mid-August.
Libraries will opt-in to the program through the Grants Management Stystem and download the Grant Application Certification form to complete and submit by July 24, 2020.
TSLAC will send participating libraries information regarding their lending statistics and award amounts by August 17, 2020 so they can complete and submit the Performance Certification form by August 31, 2020.
* Access to the GMS for additional library staff must be requested by library administrative personnel by emailing Sara Hayes with the name, title, email, and phone number of the new contact.
The GMS allows grantees to opt-in and submit all required forms online.
Obtain free Adobe PDF Reader software from the Adobe site here.
This grant is non-competitive.
Grant Application Certification forms must be signed by an individual authorized to enter into contract on behalf of the library’s legal entity (unless written approval from the legal entity for the Director to sign has been provided):
- City libraries: Mayor or City Manager
- County libraries: County Judge
- Non-Profit libraries: Library Board President
- Academic libraries: School Dean or President
Program Performance Certifications may be signed by Library Directors and will be available in August.
ONLINE GRANT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: Instructions
2. Access the Program Guidelines and LSTA Terms & Conditions form under the "Documents" section in the folder titled "2020 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program" and have an individual eligible to enter into contact on behalf of your library read the document. That individual will then need to sign the Application Certification (Signature) form located on the page where you opt in to the program (see below).
2. Click on NC (non-competitive) Grants from either the top or side menu and select "Add New NC Grants".
3. Complete drop down menus selecting ILL Lending Reimbursement 2019 as your Grant Program and click Save.
4. While you will be able to opt in to the program and agree to the terms, the Application Certification (Signature) form at the top of this page will need to be printed, signed, and uploaded to GMS before your library is considered eligible.
Please contact Sara Hayes at email@example.com with any questions.
Questions related to the programmatic aspects of the sub-award should be addressed to:
Sara Hayes, ILL Coordinator
512-463-5406 or 512-936-2306
Questions related to the financial aspects of the grant sub-award should be sent to the financial specialist for grants in your legal entity’s business or accounting office.
This program is administered by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) and funded by the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).