FY 2021 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program
FY 2021 Performance Certification form (Due August 31, 2021)
Webinar: FY 2021 ILL Lendng Reimbursement Program
- View the Recording
- View the Slides (PDF)
- View the Slides Handout (PDF)
- View the 2021 Guidelines and T&Cs ILL Lending Reimbursement Program (PDF)
- View the 2021 GMS Instructions for ILL Reimbursement Program (PDF)
- Program Overview and Timeline
- Award Information
- Eligibility Information
- Application Information
- Application Review Information
- Award Administration Information
- Contact Information
- Other Information
Participation in the Texas State Library and Archives Commssion's (TSLAC) ILL Lending Reimbursement Program is completely optional.
TSLAC supports a statewide interlibrary loan program to help ensure Texans will have access to shared library resources to meet their learning and information needs.
The goal of the ILL Lending Reimbursement Program is to support and encourage libraries in statewide resource sharing by reimbursing libraries on a per-lend basis for direct costs associated with statewide resource sharing such as postage, mailing materials, courier fees and staff time.
The reimbursements are sub awards (or pass through awards) of the Grants to States program from TSLAC's federal funder, Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS):
Federal Award Identification Number: LS-246193-OLS-20
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA): 45.310
Participating libraries will be eligible to receive a reimbursement for each lend they provide to other Texas libraries using Navigator.
Awards are tied to lending activity and expenses between August 1, 2020 - July 31, 2021. The payments will be dispersed in September 2021.
If your library particpates in the program, please communicate to your legal entity's accounting department or grants accountant that federal money may be coming to the organization after the end of the fiscal year.
April 27, 2021: Webinar: FY 2021 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program Overview for Texas Libraries, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm. Register here.
April 27, 2021: Access opens to opt-in to the FY2021 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program in the Grant Management System (GMS) portal.
July 16, 2021: Deadline to submit completed Participation Signature form in the GMS portal, signed by authorized legal entity signatory.
August 17, 2021: TSLAC will notify libraries of total eligible lends and award amounts and begin accepting Performance Certification forms through the GMS portal.
August 31, 2021: Deadline to submit completed Performance Certification form in GMS, signed by Library Director.
September 2021: Reimbursement payments dispersed to legal entities (cities, counties, universities).
Participating libraries will be eligible to receive a flat rate for each lend they provide to other Texas Navigator libraries.
The reimbursements are sub awards (or pass through awards) of the Grants to States program from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission’s federal funder, Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
Federal Award Identification Number (FAIN): LS-249990-OLS-21
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 45.310
Awards are tied to lending activity between August 1, 2020 - July 31, 2021. The payments will be dispersed after the end of the fiscal year, in September 2021.
If your library participates in the program, please communicate to your legal entity's accounting department or
grants accountant that federal money will be coming to the organization after the end of the fiscal year.
Accredited Texas public libraries who have fully implemented Navigator and lend items to other Texas public libraries between August 1, 2020-July 31, 2021 using OCLC’s Navigator system are eligible for a reimbursement based on the number of lends provided and available funding. OCLC will provide Navigator lending statistics to TSLAC. If you have any questions about your library's lending activity, please contact Sara Hayes at email@example.com.
Texas academic libraries that have agreed to lend materials to Texas public libraries are also eligible for reimbursement payments based on the number of lends they make to Texas Navigator libraries between August 1, 2020 - July 31, 2021.
Federal guidelines require entities (cities, counties, non-profits, universities) receiving federal funds, including the ILL reimbursement sub-awards, to have a current and active D-U-N-S® number.
Information on how to obtain a D-U-N-S® number may be found on D&B’s website (https://www.grants.gov/applicants/organization-registration/step-1-obtain-duns-number.html).Obtaining and this service is always free.
If you have questions about your legal entity's DUNS number, please contact Sara Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participating libraries must use TSLAC's GMS portal to access, print, and submit required grant forms. The GMS allows grantees to opt-in and submit required forms online. To create or re-activate an account, please have the library director submit a completed GMS Import Template to email@example.com. The email should reference "GMS Access" in the subject line. TSLAC will review the request and grant appropriate access.
Participation will require three steps:
- Opt in to the program online through TSLAC's Grant Management System portal beginning April 27, 2021.
- Access, print, and submit a completed Participation Signature form, signed by authorized signatory of the library's legal entity, in the portal by July 16, 2021.
- Submit a completed Participation Certification Form in the portal by August 31, 2021 after TSLAC announces the library's lends and award amount in mid-August.
Libraries will opt-in to the program through the Grants Management Stystem and download the Participation Signature form to complete and submit by July 16, 2021.
TSLAC will send participating libraries information regarding their lending statistics and award amounts by August 17, 2021 so they can complete and submit the Performance Certification form by August 31, 2021.
Obtain free Adobe PDF Reader software from the Adobe site here.
This grant is non-competitive.
Participation Signature forms are generated in the GMS upon opting in and must be signed by an individual authorized to enter into contract on behalf of the library’s legal entity (unless written approval from the legal entity for the Director to sign has been provided):
- City libraries: Mayor or City Manager
- County libraries: County Judge
- Non-Profit libraries: Library Board President
- Academic libraries: School Dean or President
Program Performance Certifications may be signed by the Library Director and will be available in August.
To participate in the program:
2. Access the Program Guidelines and LSTA Terms & Conditions form under the "Documents" section in the folder titled "2021 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program" and have an individual eligible to enter into contact on behalf of your library read the document. That individual will then need to sign the Participation Signature form located on the page where you opt in to the program (see below).
2. Click on NC (non-competitive) Grants from the top of the screen and then select Start New Non-Competitive Grant.
3. Complete drop down menus selecting ILL Lending Reimbursement 2021 as your Grant Program and click Save.
4. While you will be able to opt in to the program and agree to the terms of the program, the Participation Signature form at the top of this page will need to be printed, signed, and uploaded to GMS before your library is considered eligible.
Please contact Sara Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Questions related to the programmatic aspects of the sub-award should be addressed to:
Sara Hayes, ILL Coordinator
512-463-5406 or 512-936-2306
Questions related to the financial aspects of the grant sub-award should be sent to the financial specialist for grants in your legal entity’s business or accounting office.
This program is administered by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) and funded by the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).