United for Libraries is a Division of the American Library Association. They have partnered with many state libraries including the Texas State Library and Archives Commission to provide access to a variety of resources. To access the United for Libraries resources, go to http://www.ala.org/united/states. If you are at an accredited Texas library and are in need of the login/password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured resources include:
- Access to live and recorded webinars.
- Newsletters, including The Voice for America’s Libraries.
- Publications, including downloadable books, Fact Sheets for Friends & Foundations, Library Board Practical Guides and Toolkits for Friends Groups & Foundations.
- Discussion Forums where you can seek advice from others on topics such as Friends, Trustees and Foundations.
- Trustee Academy Courses – these resources include a training entitled Working Effectively with Your Library Director, which “covers the role of the Board, the role of the library director and how to communicate effectively with each other.”
Is your library celebrating National Friends of the Libraries Week? How do you honor your library’s Friends group? Let us know in the comments!