In response to the many requests for information we are receiving, we have developed a list of resources.
- ALA Checklist on Individual Library Policies: http://www.ala.org/tools/atoz/pandemic-preparedness
- Extremely relevant for libraries: CDC Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Childcare Programs and K-12 Schools to Plan, Prepare and Respond to COVID-19 — Depending on whether or not COVID-19 has been detected in your community, use the bullet points to establish a checklist.
- Draft Framework for Public Libraries on Developing Policies During a Health Crisis (Word Document). This template was created by Michael Davis, Director of Camden County Library in Missouri and is based on CDC guidelines for businesses with concepts added from other materials produced by libraries. It was adapted by TSLAC for Texas public libraries.
- World Health Organization (WHO) Guide for Getting Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19 (PDF): Good bullet point list of things to consider.
- In Case of Emergencies: Continuity of Operations (COOP) Planning online course from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine course – walks you step-by-step through terminology and things to consider to create a continuity of operations plan.
- Guidance from the Office of Personal Management (Federal) on Accomplishing Work During a Pandemic Health Crisis – includes actions to consider to adjust business operations for staff.
- This Facebook post from the West Linn Public Library does an excellent job of communicating to their community what precautionary steps the library is taking to keep the community safe.
- Montana State Librarian is offering a web-side chat to discuss Pandemic Preparedness and Continuity of Services on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 1:00 PM CST / 12:00 PM MTN – Registration not required – login at time of meeting here: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/302524949
As new and updated resources become available, we will provide that information on our blog. We are here to support libraries and our communities in responding to challenges potential health risks. Please contact us at 800-252-9386 (Texas only) or email email@example.com.