As libraries have adjusted and reinvented their services over the last two months, interlibrary loan activity has been put on hold (pun intended!) across Texas and the country. While ILL lending has been suspended of late, TSLAC is still offering lending reimbursements through the FY 2020 ILL Lending Reimbursement Program for lends made during the eligible time period: August 1, 2019 – July 31, 2020. This non-competitive grant program is open in TSLAC’s Grant Management System portal and any Texas Navigator library that provides materials through ILL to fellow Texas Navigator libraries is eligible to participate. I am happy to provide you available statistics, you can also run a report of your library’s lending statistics by month from the Navigator Request Engine (NRE) by following these steps:
- Log in to your NRE account
- Select Reports from the menu on the left side of the screen
- Select Monthly ILL Statistics from the list of Reports
- Enter a start date of August 1, 2019 and an end date of current date, click Generate Report
- The Responder – Shipped column reflects the lends made to Navigator libraries that are eligible for reimbursement
If you have questions or concerns about participating, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit the signed participation agreement form is July 24, 2020. The full timeline is:
July 24, 2020: Deadline to submit completed Grant Agreement/Application Certification form in GMS, signed by authorized legal entity signatory.
August 17, 2020: TSLAC will notify libraries of total eligible lends and award amounts and begin accepting Performance Certification forms through the online GMS portal.
August 31, 2020: Deadline to submit completed Performance Certification form in GMS, signed by Library Director.
September 2020: Reimbursement payments dispersed to legal entities (cities, counties, universities).
If this is a time for catching up on training or policy review/development at your library, you may wish to (re)visit the following resources related to interlibrary loan:
- OCLC Navigator recordings: https://www.oclc.org/support/services/navigator.en.html
- Staff Navigator training recordings: https://www.tsl.texas.gov/texshare/newsletter/resourcesharingprojects/how-to/navigator-training-recordings-2/
- Creating an interlibrary loan policy for your public library: https://onlinetraining.tsl.texas.gov/course/view.php?id=373
The ILL lending reimbursement program is administered by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) and funded by the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).