Yesterday Governor Abbott issued Executive Order GA-34. This order will go into effect on Wednesday, March 10.
TSLAC has received several questions about how this executive order might apply to libraries. A few points:
- The provisions of the executive order will go into effect March 10.
- Libraries should work with their governing authority and possibly the county health department to determine what (if any) changes should be implemented.
- City libraries should contact city officials for any clarification or guidance.
- County libraries should contact county officials for any clarification or guidance.
- Non-profit libraries should discuss the situation with their board.
- If you are not sure who is the library’s governing authority, contact TSLAC at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have establishment documents on file for most libraries and may be able to help.
- Consult an attorney for any legal advice.
Executive Order GA-34 (PDF)
OSHA Protecting Workers: Guidance on Mitigating and Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace (updated 1/29/2021)
OCLC Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Project research (updated 2/11/2021)
TSLAC COVID-19 Information and Resources for Library Workers (updated 1/15/2021)