The deadline to apply for the TSLAC JCLC Scholarship Program is approaching soon but there is still time to apply! Completed applications and all required documents must be submitted in GMS by 11:59 p.m. Central Time, Sunday, May 22, 2022.
- As a pilot project, the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) will fund up to 15 time-sensitive scholarships of up to $3,500 to paid public library staff at accredited libraries to attend the Joint Conference of Libraries of Color (JCLC) in St. Pete Beach, Florida scheduled for October 5-9, 2022.
- The scholarship will fund JCLC conference registration, travel within the United States, lodging, and meals.
- The goal of the TSLAC JCLC Scholarship Program is to provide and expand access to professional development opportunities that enhance the skills of the current library workforce and library leadership, and to advance the delivery of library and information services.
How to Apply
Step 2: Make sure you have an active account or access to our TSLAC Grant Management System (GMS). If you do not have access, please mail our grants team, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “GMS Access” in the subject line.
Visit the Apply section of the TSLAC JCLC Scholarship Program webpage for more information and instructions on how to apply for the scholarship program..
- Chat with us during Drop-in Office Hours: TSLAC staff will be available at the times listed below for drop-in office hours via Zoom (Registration in advanced is required). Office hours will be held every Friday, 4/15-5-20, from 1-2 p.m. Register for one of the remaining sessions below:
- Review the JCLC Informational Recording: Learn about the TSLAC JCLC Scholarship Program, including an overview of the program and how to apply. Link to the TSLAC JCLC Informational Recording.
- Visit our TSLAC JCLC Scholarship Program webpage: www.tsl.texas.gov/ldn/JCLC2022. On this site, you will be able to access the application and more information related to the program requirements.
- Email us: If you have questions about the JCLC Scholarship Program, please contact staff.
The Joint Conference of Libraries of Color (JCLC) is a conference for everyone and will bring together a diverse group of librarians, library staff, library supporters, and community participants to explore diversity issues in libraries and how they affect the ethnic communities that use our services. The conference is only offered every four years, so please help us share this opportunity with Texas public library staff! Have a great weekend, and please reach out if you have any questions!