Free Online Course on Power Searching With Google
Here’s the schedule of content:
- Pre-class assessment
- Class 1 – Introduction [ available July 10 ]
- Class 2 – Interpreting results [ available July 11 ]
- Class 3 – Advanced techniques [ available July 12 ]
- Mid-class assessment
- Class 4 – Find facts faster [ available July 17 ]
- Class 5 – Checking your facts [ available July 18 ]
- Class 6 – Putting it all together [ available July 19 ]
- Post-class assessment
Lessons will be released daily starting on July 10, 2012, and you can take them according to your own schedule during a two-week window. The lessons include interactive activities to practice new skills, and many opportunities to connect with others using Google tools such as Google Groups, Moderator and Google+, including Hangouts on Air, where the Search Education team will answer your questions on how search works. Googlers will also be on hand during the course period to help and answer your questions in case you get stuck. Google will provide a certificate of completion and sign-up is so easy.
You can register here: http://www.google.com/
The official blog post is here: http://googleblog.blogspot.
Become a certified power searching librarian this summer! This is also a great format to try out – the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC).