First, the difficult news: the system many of our listservs are run on is being retired, and we are looking for other ways to communicate with library staff in Texas. If they haven’t already, the listservs affected will be making an announcement to the lists regarding this change.
One of our new modes of communication will be the creation of Facebook groups, which we would like to specifically invite you to join.
- To join the Small Library Management (SLM) program Facebook group, sign into Facebook and search for the “Small Library Management Program (Texas)” group and request to join. You can also access by going here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/slmtx/. In this group, members will be able to get SLM news, ask their colleagues for professional insight, and network in a digital area.
- To join the You Can Do I.T. Facebook group, sign into Facebook and search for the You Can Do I.T. – Texas Public Library Technology” group and request to join. You can also access by going here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/txpubliclibrarytech/. This group was created in response to requests from public library staff about a private channel to communicate about technology questions while also networking with their colleagues statewide.
In addition, we have several new newsletters that we would like to invite you to subscribe to:
- To continue our popular Texas Libraries in the News weekly email, we will have a separate email list via Mailchimp. Sign up here if you would like to receive this weekly email: http://eepurl.com/cYqm_P
- The TX-YAC email list will also be retired on August 31st, and it will be replaced with an email newsletter. The new Texas Youth and Children’s Services Newsletter will be a way to provide you all with updates and announcements about training, grants, national initiatives related to youth services, etc. Sign up here to receive the newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cZmcqv. The first issue will be published in September. We will continue to maintain a separate Summer Reading Program newsletter devoted to news about summer reading deadlines and updates.
- A new email ILL Navigator list will be created on Mailchimp, please signup to subscribe new listserv here: http://eepurl.com/cY7hBb
- An email newsletter maintained by Henry Stokes, TSLAC’s State E-rate Coordinator, for news, tips, deadline reminders, and training opportunities regarding the federal E-rate program that provides up to 90% discounts on Internet costs for libraries. Subscribe here: http://eepurl.com/cYz6Rz
August 31 will be the last day these listservs will be active. If you do not wish to join either the Facebook groups or the Texas Libraries in the News email list, you may always email or call us with questions directly. And of course, our Library Developments blog will continue on!
Questions? Comments? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The information you submit on these forms is Public Information. Please read our Web Policies and Disclaimers. In addition, the information being entered may be subject to interception via common Internet tools. Business email addresses are not considered confidential under the Texas Public Information Act. To help ensure your privacy, always enter your business email address rather than your personal email address when such an address is requested.