The links below contain the Texas Library Systems statutes and the associated administrative rules for administering the act. The Texas State Library and Archives Commission utilize these statutes and rules to administer the ten regional Library Systems and to determine accreditation for libraries in Texas.
For questions regarding the ten regional Library Systems, please contact Deborah Littrell at 512-463-5456 or 1-800-252-9386 (in Texas), or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding library accreditation, please contact Stacey Malek at 512-463-5532 or 1-800-252-9386 (in Texas), or at email@example.com
- Library Systems Act – The Library Systems Act – Government Code, Title 4. Executive Branch, Subtitle D. History, Culture, and Education. Chapter 441. Libraries and Archives. Subchapter I. Library Systems. Section 441.121 through 441.1383
- Changes to Library Systems Act - This link contains a document with marked changes to the statute passed during the 81st Legislative Session.
- Rules for Administering Library Systems Act – This links to Title 13 Texas Administrative Code, Part 1, Chapter 1, Subchapters A through F, rules for administering the Library Systems Act.
- Minimum Standards for Accreditation of Libraries – This links to Title 13 Texas Administrative Code, Part 1, Chapter 1,Subchapter C, minimum standards for accreditation of libraries.
- Library Systems Act Advisory Board - The Library Systems Act Advisory Board advises the Commission on any matter related to the Texas Library Systems program.