Joint TSLAC/TEA Study of the Needs of Public School Libraries
- School Library Programs: Standards and Guidelines for Texas
- Long-Range Plan for Technology, 2006-2020 - www.tea.state.tx.us/technology/lrpt/
- 19 TAC Chapter 74 Curriculum Requirements - http://www.tea.state.tx.us/rules/tac/chapter074/ch074a.html
- 19 TAC Chapter 239 Student Services Certificates
- TSLAC School Library Resources
- Texas Education Agency School Library Resources - http://www.tea.state.tx.us/imet/libraries/index.html
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission and the Texas Education Agency were directed by the 80th legislature to conduct a study to identify the needs of public school libraries.
Government Code Sec. 441.021.
PUBLIC SCHOOL LIBRARY STUDY.
(a) The commission and the Texas Education Agency shall conduct a joint study to identify the needs of public school libraries in this state and determine which needs each agency is best suited to address.
(b) Not later than December 31, 2008, the commission and the Texas Education Agency shall submit a joint written report containing the findings of the study and the recommendations of the commission and the education agency to the:
(2) lieutenant governor;
(3) speaker of the house of representatives; and
(4) appropriate oversight committees of each house of