Small Library Management - Core Courses
The four courses listed below provide a foundation for responsive library services. A certificate will be awarded upon completion of the core courses. These courses may count toward the ten hours of Continuing Education credits required for library accreditation by the Texas Administrative Code.
- Management and Leadership Essentials is a 3 day in-person workshop offered every two years. Fall 2016 and Spring 2017
- Day 1 introduces the fundamentals of leadership, including communication skills and leading through change.
- Day 2 focuses on personnel management, human resources, and policy development.
- Day 3 covers financial management including budgeting, financial planning, and audit requirements.
- Financial Management - online option for those unable to attend Day 3 of Management and Leadership Essentials. Only Texas library staff may register for this course.
- Reference online course provides a comprehensive overview that includes the reference interview, tech tools, online search strategies, and TexShare databases.
- Collection Development online course explains the basics of evaluating, selecting, marketing, and weeding library collections.
- Technology online course explores the essential technology services every library should provide, how to keep computers running, and planning.
For information or assistance contact:
Library Management Consultant
800-252-9386 (toll-free in Texas) or 512-463-5475