Small Library Management - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I get credit? In-person workshop participants are emailed a certificate of attendance within two weeks of the workshop. For online courses, certificates of attendance may be printed once a course has been completed.
- Who is eligible to participate? Anyone in Texas libraries is welcome to participate. Courses are designed for staff without Master’s degrees in Library Science serving communities of fewer than 25,000 people.
- Have I completed the core courses? Contact Kyla Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-936-4449 or 800-252-9386 (toll-free for Texas) to confirm that you have completed the core courses. A Graduation Certificate will be mailed to you. Graduates may request a sample press release or letter of acknowledgement to share with city or county officials.
- When will a workshop be scheduled in my town? SLM in-person workshops move to new locations every few years. There are times that a town will host more often, when the location is central to the region and has the amenities necessary to accommodate the workshop attendees.
- Is financial assistance available? The Tocker Foundation generously considers applications for financial assistance to offset travel costs. Applicants must be from Texas libraries located in towns of 12,000 or less and at least 80 miles away from the nearest workshop location. Visit the Foundation's website for complete eligibility requirements and the online application.
- What if I miss a workshop? Three of the core courses are available online. If you miss a Leadership and Management Essentials workshop, contact Kyla Hunt at email@example.com, 512-936-4449 or 800-252-9386 (toll-free for Texas) to discuss possible alternatives.
For information or assistance contact:
Library Management Consultant
800-252-9386 (toll-free in Texas) or 512-936-4449