Small Library Management Training Program
The Small Library Management Training Program (SLM) is an ongoing educational program to provide management and foundational library skills to those without Master's degrees in Library Science that work in small community (25,000 or less population) libraries in Texas.
SLM is intended to provide intensive training for small community library managers and staff in the areas of administration, management, policy development, collection development, reference services, youth services and technology planning.
After attending these sessions, participants will:
- Benefit from enhanced leadership skills
- Be empowered with a sense of authority and professionalism
- Gain the expertise needed to revise and create policies and procedures
- Have a greater understanding of their roles as information professionals
- Become part of a support network of professional colleagues
To keep in touch with us sign up for the Small Library Management email list HERE.
Have questions? Contact Irena at 512-463-5475.