Overview of the TexShare Databases and ILL Program
In this in-person workshop, Russlene Waukechon, TexShare E-Resources Coordinator gives an overview of the TexShare Electronic Resources, and reviews several popular resources. The workshop is open to staff from all TexShare member libraries. Workshop will focus on resources of interest to public libraries but, academic library interests can be addressed as well during the workshop. Sara Hayes, Interlibrary Loan Program Coordinator, will also be presenting on the TSLAC Statewide ILL program.
- Review TexShare digital resources appropriate for each audience
- Examine Credo, EBSCOhost, LearningExpressLibrary and TeachingBooks (TexShare resources)
- Hands on practice searching TexShare resources
- Review best practices including how to obtain TexShare vendor statistics
- Review training opportunities
- Review of ILL program
- Q & A
CE Credit: 4 TSLAC CE hours
Russlene Waukechon works at the Texas State Library & Archives Commission where she’s the TexShare Database Coordinator, a position she’s held for 17 years. With a background in medical, government and public libraries; library consortia was an area of interest to her when she began her current job over a decade ago. Providing Texas libraries with robust electronic resources has become her greatest area of professional interest.
Part I: Contact Information