You Can Do I.T. Basic Library Technology Series
- How do I get credit? In-person Texas workshop participants are emailed a certificate of attendance within two weeks of the workshop. For online courses, certificates of attendance for Texas librarians only may be printed once a course has been completed.
- Who is eligible to participate? All are welcome, though the target audience for these workshops is staff working at small public libraries who have limited technical computer knowledge, experience, or training. These target libraries generally serve populations of less than 25,000 people.
- When will a workshop be scheduled in my town? Locations are chosen for their ability to accomodate the workshop needs (large meeting room, reliable WiFi, projector and screen) and centrality of a region to other libraries. If you're interested in hosting and fulfill the requirements, please get in touch!
- Is financial assistance available? The Tocker Foundation generously considers applications for financial assistance to offset travel costs. Applicants must be from Texas libraries located in towns of 12,000 or less and at least 80 miles away from the nearest workshop location. Visit the Foundation's website for complete eligibility requirements and the online application.
- What if I miss a workshop? Materials from the workshops are available here. Online courses are also available. Check back to find updates or subscribe to our email list to be notified of changes or new workshops.
For information or assistance contact:
Library Technology Consultant
800-252-9386 (toll-free in Texas) or 512-463-4855