Visit the Texas State Library and Archives Commission at the 2016 Austin Archives Bazaar!
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 • Austin, Texas • News Release
Join the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, along with 22 other Central Texas archival repositories, at the Austin Archives Bazaar on October 16 from 2 PM to 6 PM at at Saengerrunde Hall, 1607 San Jacinto Blvd. The Austin Archives Bazaar is an opportunity for the local community to discover the photographs, documents, films, maps, video games, and more held in the incredible archival collections in Austin and Central Texas.
TSLAC staff will be on site to give visitors to the Bazaar the opportunity to get hands-on with history through facsimiles of some of the most treasured items in our archival holdings including the Texas Declaration of Independence and the Meusebach Treaty. Stop by and pick up a coloring book featuring vintage woodcuts from the Civilian Conservation Corps to coincide with our current lobby exhibit Setting Up Camp: The Early History of Texas State Parks. Other archival activities include:
- Speakers discussing their discoveries in the archives
- The Oral History Booth – sign up for your time to record!
- The Preservation Station – bring your cherished materials, such as photographs, old letters, and family scrapbooks, to learn from professionals how to best preserve your memories
- An archival film screening
- An old time photobooth
- Door prizes
- Like-minded, history-loving locals
- And more!
The event is free and open to the general public and suitable for all ages. For more information visit www.austinarchivesbazaar.org or call the Texas State Library and Archives Commission at 512-463-5514.