Z TEXAS CLIENT SOFTWARE LEVELS
January 26, 1999
- Support ATS-1 standard.
- Be able to save records into a microlif/marc file appropriate for uploading into a standard automation system.
- System requirements to be no greater than a Pentium, 266 MHz processor, 16 MB RAM, Windows 95 or later, 10 MB hard drive space.
- All commands be executable via mouse or other compatible pointing device or keyboard commands.
- Access remote databases via dial access or telnet connection.
- Be able to store at least 200 records before requiring export.
- Downloaded records stored in a cumulative file.
- Interactive help interface.
- Ability to toggle between MARC/non-MARC displays.
- Able to "stand-alone" without an automation system.
- All specifications of Level 1.
- Ability to search multiple Z39.50 hosts simultaneously.
- Network/multi-user compatible.
- Ability to store 300 records before export.
- Multiple security/login capabilities for different users.
- Able to FTP records to other locations.
- All specifications of Level 1 and Level 2.
- User-specific customizable search/work screens.
- Rudimentary MARC editor.
- Ability to track searches and subsequent results.
- Ability to modify attribute table for different search menus.
- Ability to search non-MARC databases and correctly interpret results.
Return to Committee-Created Documents Table of Contents
Page last modified: March 2, 2011