Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Monday, July 30, 2001
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) Audit Committee met on Monday, July 30, 2001, at 1:00 p.m. at the Texas State Library and Archives Commission building in Austin, Texas.
Audit Committee Present:
Sandra Pickett, Chairman
Chris A. Brisack
Peggy D. Rudd, director and librarian
Edward Seidenberg, assistant state librarian
Manuel Alvarez, director, Information Resources Technologies
Ava Smith, director, Talking Book Program
Michael Heskett, director, State and Local Records Management
Deborah Littrell, director, Library Development
Donna Osborne, director, Administrative Services
Chris LaPlante, director, Archives and Information Services
Wendy Clark, Library Development
Kathleen Walls, Library Development
Cynthia Alvarez-Mack, Administrative Services
Bonnie Grobar, Library Resource Sharing
Erica McKewen, communications officer
Regina Miles, executive assistant
Joe Thrash, Office of the Attorney General
Gloria Meraz, Texas Library Association
Barbara Valle, Texas Trans-Pecos Library System
Angelica Garcia, Texas Trans-Pecos Library System
Chairman Pickett convened the meeting at 1:00 p.m.
1. CONSIDER REQUEST TO REMOVE THE "HIGH RISK" STATUS OF GRANTS TO THE CITY OF EL PASO.
Deborah Littrell requested the approval of the issuance of contracts to the Texas Trans-Pecos Library System without "high risk" status. Commissioner Pickett commended the staffs in El Paso and Austin for their work. Commissioner Carr congratulated Barbara Valle for her hard and thorough work. Commissioner Carr moved that the audit committee recommend to the commission that the Texas Trans-Pecos Library System grants be approved for the following year without "high risk" status. Commissioner Pickett concurred and will take the recommendation to the full commission.
2. UPDATE REGARDING THE SELECTION OF AN INTERNAL AUDITOR FOR FY02.
Donna Osborne gave an update on the status of selecting an internal auditor.
• June 27: All required documentation sent to the Governor's Budget Office, Legislative Budget Board (LBB), State Auditor's Office (SAO)
• Posted to the Electronic State Business Daily
• July 6: Posted the Request for Proposal (RFP) in the Texas Register
• July 13: Received approval of RFP from the SAO
• July 18: Governor's Budget Office determined that they would no longer consider internal auditing contracts consultant contracts, and requested that a letter be submitted to withdraw our request for approval. The SAO approved.
• July 31: Bid opening. � Will have post-recommendation for a contract for internal auditing services by next commission meeting.
With no further business, Chairman Pickett adjourned the meeting at 1:15 p.m.
Peggy D. Rudd Director and Librarian