Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Friday, October 27, 2006
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) will meet on Friday, October 27, 2006, at 1:15 p.m., in Room 314 Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin.
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551
1. Approve minutes of June 9 and August 4, 2006 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
2. Public Comment.
3. General announcements.
4. Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammatical, or other revisions.
5. Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
6. Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations on the Internal Audit of the Alamo Area Library System.
7. Report of the Director and Librarian.
8. Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
9. Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
10. Discussion of commission meeting dates for 2007.
11. Discussion of Sunset Staff Report on the State Library and Archives Commission.
12. Discussion of plans to renovate the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building.
13. Consideration of the request from Texas A&M International University to serve as the Regional Historical Resource Depository for Dimmit, LaSalle, Maverick, Webb, Zapata, and Zavala Counties.
14. Discussion of plans for preparation of (a) required evaluation of our federal Library Services and Technology Act program and (b) development of the Five Year Plan for 2008-2012.
15. Adopt the repeal of rules regarding Adaptive Technology for Texas Public Libraries (13 TAC 9.15-9.21).
16. Authorization to publish proposed repeal of rules regarding grant policies (13 TAC 2.111-2.175 and 13 TAC 8.6).
17. Authorization to publish proposed new rules regarding grant policies (13 TAC 2.110-2.815).
18. Authorization to publish proposed new 13 TAC 6.11 relating to amendments to State Records Retention Schedule.
19. Status report on the revision of the Local Government Records Retention Schedules (Title 13, Part 1, Chapter 7, Subchapter D).
20. Report on agreements to recover historical documents from private collections.
21. Demonstration of the agency's web-based Continuing Education Portal.