Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Friday, June 15, 2007 11:10 a.m.
State Records Center, 4400 Shoal Creek Blvd, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of April 12, 2007 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammatical, or other revisions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations on
(a) the Audit of the State Publications Depository Program, and
(b) the Evaluation of Compliance with Information Technology Requirements.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Review and approve acceptance of gifts greater than $500.
- Report of the Director and Librarian.
- Discussion of Sunset and other legislation regarding the agency.
- Discussion of budget actions and other fiscal issues related to the agency.
- Authorization to adopt rule review of Chapter 2 (General Policies and Procedures).
- Authorization to adopt rule review of Chapter 7 (Local Records).
- Authorization to adopt amendment to 13 TAC 6.10 relating to State Records Retention Schedule.
- Review and approve the schedule of proposed fees for micrographics and imaging services.
- Approval of Five Year Plan for federal Library Services and Technology Act program 2008-2012.
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 1.21, 1.22 relating to the State Plan for the Library Services and Technology Act in Texas.
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 2.814 relating to the Loan Star Libraries grant formula.
- Authorization to adopt new and amended rules relating to the Texas Library Systems Act
(a) repeal 13 TAC 1.96 and 1.97;
(b) amend 13 TAC 1.47, 1.67; and
(c) amend 1.91, and new 13 TAC 1.96.
- Authorization to propose repeal of 13 TAC 5.1-5.9 relating to County Librarian Certification.
- Authorization to publish proposed changes to rules relating to the Texas Library Systems Act:
(a) repeal of 13 TAC 1.78, and
(b) amendments to 13 TAC 1.81, 1.83, and 1.84.