Texas State Library and Archives Commission
April 12, 2011 - 12:00 p.m.
1201 Brazos Street; Room 215
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items. The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Approve minutes of February 15, 2011 Records Management Committee, Audit Committee, and Commission meetings, and the March 27 meeting of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center.
- Public Comment.
- General announcements.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Report of Audit Committee meeting.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000.
- Report of the Director and Librarian. may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technol-ogies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Communications Office), key meetings and activities, renovation of the Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives & Library Building, renovation of the State Records Center, Friends of Libraries and Archives of Texas, dashboard metrics, financial information, the status of proposed legislation, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Review of the status of appropriations and funding by the Texas Legislature and the federal government for SFY 2012 and 2013.
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 7.125, regarding local government records retention schedules: CC (County Clerks), DC (District Clerks), LC (Justice & Municipal Courts), and PS (Public Safety Agencies).