Texas State Library and Archives Commission Agenda
February 6, 2015 – 8:45 a.m.
1201 Brazos Street
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin, Texas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items.
The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Welcome, introductions & general announcements.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Approve minutes of November 7, 2014 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- Conflict of interest disclosures.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendation regarding the Annual Internal Audit Plan for Fiscal Year 2015.
- Presentation by General Land Office regarding archival holdings.
- Update on the Sam Houston Regional Library and Research Center.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000, and contract renewals.
- Report on progress of the Governor's records project.
- Review of the status of legislation, appropriations, and other issues in the Texas Legislature.
- Report of the Director & Librarian: may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Communications Office). Also includes key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas, dashboard metrics, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Report of the Records Management Committee.
- Review and discussion of possible amendments to the local government records retention schedule GR (Records Common to All Local Governments).
- Authorization to adopt new rule 13 TAC 2.8 regarding the Texas Historical Records Advisory Board.
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 8.4 regarding the TexShare Advisory Board.
- Authorization to adopt new rule 13 TAC 2.7 regarding the Library Systems Act Advisory Board.
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 2.54 regarding bid procedures and HUB program.
- Authorization to propose new rules 13 TAC 2.10, 2.11, 2.12, 2.61, and 2.75 regarding dual office holding, merit selection principles, sick leave pool, private donors, and contract monitoring requirements, respectively.
- Report on agency financial information.
- Executive session, as authorized by Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074, & §551.076, regarding consultations with attorney, personnel matters, and security devices respectively.