Texas State Library and Archives Commission Agenda
November 7, 2014 – 9:00 a.m.
101 S. Washington St.
Rio Grande City, Texas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items.
The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Welcome, introductions & general announcements.
- Approve minutes of August 1, 2014 Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- (a) Annual compliance statements.
(b) Conflict of interest disclosures.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Review and approve Audit Committee recommendations regarding:
a. Audit on Records Centers Services/Document Imaging Services.
b. Audit on Grants Management.
c. Annual Internal Audit Report for Fiscal Year 2014.
d. Contract for Internal Audit Services for FY 2015.
e. Biennial review and approval of the agency's fraud prevention program.
- Report on Maintenance of Effort Waiver decision.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000, and contract renewals.
- Report of the Director & Librarian: may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, and Communications Office). Also includes key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas, dashboard metrics, organizational branding, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Discussion of archival collection management issues.
- Authorization to propose new rule 13 TAC 2.8 regarding the Texas Historical Records Advisory Board.
(a) Authorization to propose new rules 13 TAC 2.10, 2.11, 2.12, 2.61, and 2.75 regarding dual office holding, merit selection principles, sick leave pool, private donors, and contract monitoring requirements, respectively.
(b) Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 2.54 regarding bid procedures and HUB program.
- Authorization to propose amendments to 13 TAC 8.4 regarding the TexShare Advisory Board.
- Authorization to propose new rule 13 TAC 2.7 regarding the Library Systems Act Advisory Board.
Authorization to adopt rules regarding minimum standards for accreditation of libraries:
a. Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 1.71, 1.72, 1.77, and 1.83.
b. Authorization to adopt repeal of 13 TAC 1.74 and 1.81.
c. Authorization to adopt new 13 TAC 1.74 and 1.81.
Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 8.1 regarding libraries of clinical medicine.
Authorization to adopt amendments 13 TAC 2.118 regarding the decision making process for competitive grants.
Report on agency financial information.
Discussion of the Texas Reads (Libraries: License to Read) license plate.
Discussion of future meeting dates.
Executive session, as authorized by Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074, & §551.076, regarding consultations with attorney, personnel matters, and security devices respectively.