Archives and Information Services Division
The Archives and Information Services (ARIS) division oversees the research rooms of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. Those areas consist of the Reference Library, the Texas Family Heritage Research Center, and the Texas State Archives’ Reading Room.
- Assistance using library materials in the Reference Library and Texas Family Heritage Research Center and using archival materials in the Archives Reading Room as staff time permits.
- For more extensive reference assistance or instruction, email Reference.Desk@tsl.texas.gov or call (512) 463-5455.
Resources in Research Rooms
- One computer workstation with JAWS software
- Windows 7 including accessibility options on all computer workstations
- Laptop with Open Book software
- Overhead book scanner