Texas State Library and Archives Commission Agenda
August 3, 2015 – 9:00 a.m.
1201 Brazos Street
Lorenzo de Zavala State Archives and Library Building, Austin, Texas
The Library and Archives Commission may deliberate on and/or take action on any of the following agenda items.
The commission may go into executive session on any agenda item, as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, Gov't Code Chapter 551.
- Welcome, introductions & general announcements.
- Consideration of commemorative resolutions.
- Approve minutes of June 5, 2015 Audit Committee and Commission meetings.
- Public Comment.
- Conflict of interest disclosures.
- Review of consent agenda: non-substantive corrections in other agenda items such as spelling, numbering, punctuation, grammar, or other revisions.
- Report of the Audit Committee regarding (a) the Internal Audit on Archives and (b) the Internal Audit on TAC 202 Compliance.
- Report of the Sam Houston Center ad hoc Committee.
- Review and approve acceptance of grants, and gifts greater than $500.
- Review and approve contracts greater than $100,000, and contract renewals.
- Report of the Director & Librarian: may include information or updates on agency programs (Talking Book, Library Resource Sharing, Library Development, Information Resources Technologies, State and Local Records Management, Archives & Information Services, Administrative Services, Communications Office, and Center for the Book). Also includes key meetings and activities, Friends of Libraries & Archives of Texas, dashboard metrics, and the status of other new or ongoing issues.
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 2.51 regarding public record fees.
- Authorization to adopt rule review of Chapter 2 (General Policies & Procedures).
- Authorization to adopt amendments to 13 TAC 7.125, regarding local government records retention schedule GR (Records Common to All Local Governments).
- Authorization to adopt rule review of Chapter 7 (Local Records).
- Discussion of needed amendments to 13 TAC 6.10, regarding the Texas State Records Retention Schedule (pertaining to retention of contract documents), as a result of actions of the 84th Legislature.
- Approve appointments to TexShare Advisory Board.
- Approve appointments to Library Systems Act Advisory Board.
Review and approve recommendations for competitive library grants in State Fiscal Year 2016:
a. Special Projects Grants.
b. Cooperation Grants.
c. Texas Reads Grants.
d. TexTreasures Grants.e. Impact Grants.
- Report on agency financial information.
- Executive session, as authorized by Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074, and §551.076, regarding consultations with attorney, personnel matters, and security devices respectively.
- Participate in a retirement reception.